NORWEGIAN Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH) has confirmed an agreement with shipbuilder Fincantieri for two more Project Leonardo Class ships.
The two vessels are scheduled to join the Norwegian Cruise Line fleet in 2026 and 2027 and are the fifth and sixth Leonardo Class ships on order by the cruise line.
“Our six-ship Leonardo Class fleet will allow us to broaden our deployment into strong performing and mature unserved and under-served markets and offer new experiences to our guests,” said NCLH president and chief executive Frank Del Rio.
The next generation class can accommodate up to 3,300 passengers and will build upon the company’s Breakaway Plus Class ships.
“Following the Breakaway Plus Class…the highly anticipated Leonardo Class will fuel future growth with exciting and innovative offerings that will meaningfully drive demand from new and loyal returning guests alike,” said Norwegian Cruise Line president and chief executive officer Andy Stuart.
The latest announcement means NCL Holdings now has seven ships on order for the Norwegian Cruise Line brand due for delivery through to 2027, with Norwegian Encore scheduled to make her debut in the third quarter of 2019.
The move follows NCL ramping up its efforts in the Australian market, last year kicking off its inaugural homeport season in Australia and New Zealand (TD 13 Nov 17).
Source: Travel Australia